Total Pageviews

Sunday 18 August 2013

Post Eid check in

Salaam,

I hope people had an amazing Ramadan and Eid inshaAllah. I definitely did alhamdulillah :)

Shortly after Eid, I received a message from one of the matrimonial sites I'm signed up to (slightly edited to protect identities lol) - "Eid Mubarak. What are the chances of finding another muslim in your city to marry at your age?"

It really got to me that someone would go out of their way to send a message like this. What was the point? Anyway, I sent a reply basically saying that Allah knows best what will happen, and duas wishing him success in his search for a spouse etc.

I am in one of those phases right now where I can accept that marriage might not be a feature in my life. The thought still hurts, and I won't pretend that I don't feel like it's something I need or want, but I feel like I can deal with it because what's the alternative - wallow in self pity and not get anywhere in life? The time has, I think,  come in my life where I'll have to keep a cool head and plough through the things I have to do and want to achieve, ignoring the doubts and addressing the issues as I go along, insha'Allah.

Who knows, maybe my role is even to be a wake up call to other women to have goals, achieve in life and get married as young as they feel ready to, 


No comments:

Post a Comment