Total Pageviews

Sunday 2 December 2012

A slight rant

Salaam everyone!

Since there's not been much action on the other blogs I read, I decided to be proactive and post something.

***Update***
The guy that I'd written off because he didn't email for ages actually ended up replying (mid October-ish), saying that he had lots of questions and that he'd like to meet up (I assumed he meant in a family setting) when he was coming to visit his family in the 3rd or 4th week of November, so he asked if that would be ok, and what my parents thought of that. Fair enough, I thought. So I duly replied, saying that was fine and asking him to update me with the details. So now it's December and I've heard nothing. If he had just not replied in the first place, I would have put him down as not interested, applying the one week rule from the start (if someone doesn't reply to you by one week after you exchange photos or details on what you're like/what you're looking for, they're very unlikely to be interested in you) - ok, rejection is never nice but fair enough. Then I had to wait till mid November to write him off again.

I don't think it's that hard to say 'hey, y'know, my parents want me to get married but I'm not really interested right now' or 'hmm I don't think we're compatible so good luck. Bye.' or 'thanks but no thanks' or WHATEVERRRR in the first place. Lol. Just have some manners and let me know what's going on so I don't have to wait around like a lemon. Neither myself nor my parents think it's right to pursue more than one potential at a time so this really gets my goat as it wastes so much time. Grrr.

On the subjects of rants, why do brown people in the UK say 'sequences' instead of sequins, and 'pacific' instead of specific, and 'eckcetera' instead of 'etcetera'?

Anyway.....

There are currently no other potentials on the horizon for me. There may be another matchmaking lady who will help me out though - I'll see what happens inshaAllah.

I've started feeling really over the hill, though apparently I don't look it lately (in the last few weeks, everyone  who asked me what my age was, thought I was between 18 and 23 - alhumdulillah :).

But I do wonder, when am I too old to:

  • wear my hoodie, jeans and trainers combo
  • say 'duuuude'
  • surreptitiously jump in puddles because I know I'm wearing waterproof footwear
  • gallop down stairs etc (don't knock it till you've tried it!)
  • eat Freddo bars and milkybars?
As I look back at this post, I realise most of this post consists of first world problems, and a lot of people would feel lucky that these were their only concerns. Great, now I feel guilty. But this was definitely cathartic so all good inshaAllah. Hoping that my next post will have a more positive vibe inshaAllah.

Till then, here's a smiley - old school style  :)

2 comments:

  1. That guy sounds like he's just not interested and is forced into it, so I'd just leave him be.

    Second, you are never too old to do any of those things. It's a part of who we are as first generation kids of the western hemisphere.

    And finally, it's awesome people still think of you as between 18 - 23 mashallah :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Humaira - aww jazakAllah khayr for your answer :).

    Yeah, I know. It was pretty obvious from the start but I always try and give people the benefit of the doubt. It's just that I go along in my daily life feeling fine that I'm single, then whenever someone tries to matchmake, it gets dragged out, and no matter how hard I try, there's always a glimmer of hope that 'this one might lead somewhere' until I get proper closure. Things would be so much easier if people just told you whether or not they were interested at all in the first place - either way is fine with me, you know?

    MashaAllah, you're really young looking yourself!

    ReplyDelete