Total Pageviews

Saturday 14 September 2013

Amusing conversation

My Dad told me a friend of his was talking to someone about the criteria was for a rishta for his son. The man said that his son wanted someone born and brought up here, a working professional and a long list of other qualities; the mother-in-law to be wanted the girl to be very beautiful and fair-skinned and family oriented, and to stay home and take care of the family, but be a working professional etc etc

My Dad's friend turned to the guy and asked how many women his son wanted to marry because it would be impossible to have aaaaaaaaaaaall of that in one woman.

Lol.

5 comments:

  1. My family is currently looking for a rishta for me and the process is really quite strange to me. I went to see my first rishta recently, a girl in Hounslow. I knew what to expect, but at the same time didn't know how the whole thing would make me feel, if that makes sense, and just not sure what to make of the whole process.

    I did some random google-ing of other peoples rishta experiences and came across your blog.

    Thank you for taking the time to make such a humorous blog, its really brightened up my week reading through your old posts!

    All the best and I look forward to your next post.

    Arslaan

    ReplyDelete
  2. JazakAllah khayr and all the best with your rishta search. I understand what you mean, but hopefully you won't have to go through it much more for your search to end soon and successfully inshaAllah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm…. I am hitting a lot of brick walls on this: being a professional vs being a housewife. People seem to be attracted to me like magnets but get repelled just as fast when they see I refuse to be a total stay at home mother either. Partially, yes.

    They want everything.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Salaam,

    you just need to find that one person who is right for you - inshaAllah you will. Try not to let the process get to you. :) x

    ReplyDelete