Total Pageviews

Wednesday 10 December 2014

Alhumdulillah - it's happening!

Salaam,

so the last time I posted, I mentioned a rishta meeting. Well - a couple more meetings and a good few emails later, I decided that this was it - I had met the man I wanted to marry. Things have been so surreal, but alhumdulillah, I'm really happy.

InshaAllah the wedding will be in summer 2015.

A couple of things I didn't expect that would happen with me with regards to marriage:
1. the man in question is a year younger than me (I thought I would marry someone much older than me)
2. I'm going to be living with his family - I had always said I wouldn't want to, but his reasoning for it is sound, and his family are lovely mashaAllah. After I did istikhara, it just didn't seem much of an issue. I definitely think it will be challenging at times, but inshaAllah it will be fine.

Because I was resigned to the probability of being single for life, I had never thought about how I would want my wedding or my marriage to be, so things have been quite overwhelming. I had also never considered how difficult I would find being the centre of attention, given that I'm painfully shy!

Please remember me in your duas, and if you have any wedding/marriage advice, I'd love to know!

7 comments:

  1. I was having a really bad day today, and then I logged into blogger and clicked on your post and suddenly everything I was angry at just seemed to vanish.

    I've been a follower of your blog for a while now and a lot of your posts were inspiring/insightful for me. I know it's only the beginning for you now but reading your blog was like reading a story and i'm happy this one has a good ending.

    Wishing you all the best in the future! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh that is so lovely! JazakAllah khayr I really appreciate it :)

      Delete
  2. I'm so glad you're coping ok
    And jazakAllah khayr - that's so sweet of you. I will probably take up your offer of advice soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow mashallah I recently read all your blogs from the very first one. I never knew it was that difficult the whole "rishta" thing. InshaAllah I'm going to start going on the search soon (when my mum finally agrees) so thanks for sharing your journey. Hope it all goes well for you inshaAllah.

    You actually inspired me to start a blog and I did. Please check it out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Salaam,
    inshaAllah I hope the whole Rishta thing is easy for you when it happens.Easier said than done but don't stress about it - it sounds like you're quite young? Whereas I'm 30 lol. Congrats on starting a blog - I've added you to my reading list and look forward to reading what you post :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My friend told me about ur blog and I have to say both of us are in the same situation as u were!!! So happy u have finally found the right guy which gives both of us hope that it will happen! We'r both 29 this year and j for one and stressing as I want to marry young (ish lol) but ur blog is given hope keep then coming and sending lots of Duas ur way for a happy marriage!!! And please do dua for us both! Here's my blog also if u get a chance do read it :) xxxx Forevermodest.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Salaam! JazakAllah khayr for the lovely comment. Yep don't stress - things happen when the time is right for them to happen - there's only a certain amount that's within our control. Of course I'll remember you guys in my duas :). I'm following your blog now. InshaAllah things will work out in the best way in every area of your lives - all the best x

    ReplyDelete