Total Pageviews

Wednesday 25 July 2012

Ramadhan

Salaam and Ramadhan mubarak!

I have to say, before last year, I never knew what it was to look forward to Ramadhan (I used to dread it - astaghfirullah), but after making a firm intention last year to make that Ramadhan the best yet, and setting myself goals, it just became so much easier alhumdulillah, and I felt the blessings. Here are some of the resources that helped me. They are all things that need to be looked at daily, so I found it created the habit of doing good things regularly:

ROC your Ramadan with Shaykh Riad Ouarzazi (available for last year as well: just don't type '2012' when you search for 'ROC your Ramadan'. Wee profile of him here

Ten minute tafsir with Shaykh Sohaib Saeed

Ramadhan journey planner by Saiyyidah Zaidi. Here's a link to her blog too.

Ramadhan makes me so happy because everyone makes a big effort to be good/nice, and to maximise ibadah. It's beautiful mashaAllah. It reminds me of that feeling I got when I went for umrah earlier in the year with my family "Alhumdulillah, this is how it's supposed to be, and what life is about; I don't ever want this feeling to end". Ramadhan will end, but I need to plan so that inshaAllah, I'll be a better person with better habits after it.









2 comments:

  1. You spelled the word ramadan in two different ways in this post, LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol that's very observant of you! I spelt it Ramadhan, Shaykh Riad spelt it Ramadan, and I had to use that for the link on youtube, so it's all good. Hope you're having a great Ramadan/Ramadhan :)

    ReplyDelete