Total Pageviews

Thursday 23 August 2012

Musing on........gratitude

Somebody (I can't remember who, or what the exact wording was) recently said "when bad things happen to us, we often ask "why me?, but this is hardly ever the case when good things happen to us". I realise I complain a lot, so am going to try and counter that with this in mind.

It's funny, the number of times I've done something silly, but nothing bad happens. Today I left my keys in the car door and went out for the day. The car was still there when I came back. Other times I have dropped my debit card, and someone has handed it back to me, or I've forgotten my bag or phone in a dodgy place, but I've come back for it still to be there, or in the lost and found box, with everything valuable still inside.

Alhumdulillah

4 comments:

  1. I totally agree!! The amount of times we curse the little negative things that happen to us when in essence we are enjoying so many big positive things. For example, like getting stressed when you're out when its raining (cursing the weather) but not being thankful that you've got a nice warm home to go to to dry up and not thanking Allah one bit that this rain is going to produce the food that you need to eat later on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the examples you've used too. It's so true that the things we think are inconvenient or tragic in life turn out to be blessings. May Allah swt give us the insight and wisdom to appreciate and be thankful (ameen)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Often I find that we are tested to build patience in us...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Salaam and welcome Enchantedhijabi. You're very right about that. May Allah swt help us to see that it's good for us, and pass these tests (ameen)

    ReplyDelete