Total Pageviews

Tuesday 4 September 2012

Antidote to giving up

So many times, in different spheres of my life, I've felt like giving up hope. I don't know how many times I've thought "What's the point? It isn't going to happen so I might as well not try".

Things are not going forward on the rishta front. Things have gone very quiet. This all started to get me down until......

Somebody posted on facebook something like "when you feel like your prayers are not being answered, reflect back on your life and think about how many of them have been"

I thought about it, and the answer, in my case is: loads. Alhumdulillah. I realised there are so many things I worried about that aren't an issue anymore, but it's easy to forget problems you had when they've disappeared.

This also brought to mind the verse 
"Oh you who believe! Seek help with patient perseverance and prayer, for God is with those who patiently persevere." (2:153)

I hope and pray that I can become of those people.

No comments:

Post a Comment